.Showers and thunderstorms are expected to spread into the region
this afternoon and evening. The showers ans thunderstorms will be
capable of producing locally heavy rainfall totaling in excess of
one to two inches, which may lead to areas of flash flooding.
...FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH THIS
* WHAT...Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.
* WHERE...Portions of northern Delaware...New Jersey...and
Pennsylvania...including the following areas...in northern
Delaware...New Castle. In New Jersey...Hunterdon, Mercer, and
Warren. In Pennsylvania...Berks, Carbon, Delaware, Eastern
Chester, Eastern Montgomery, Lehigh, Lower Bucks, Monroe,
Northampton, Philadelphia, Upper Bucks, Western Chester, and
* WHEN...From 1 PM EDT this afternoon through this evening.
* IMPACTS...Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers,
creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- Localized rainfall rates of one to two inches per hour are
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.